Ocean Pines Golf Club to Reopen May 9
On May 6, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced he would broaden the list of outdoor activities allowed under the state’s stay-at-home order. Ocean Pines Golf Club is happy to report that golf is one of the outdoor activities now permitted.
The safety of our staff and patrons is our top priority, and we will fully comply with the governor's guidelines for the operation of golf courses in Maryland during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Keeping these guidelines in mind, Ocean Pines Golf Club has instituted the following procedures for play, effective Saturday, May 9:
- Reservations for tee times will be taken beginning at noon on Friday, May 8. Tee times will be available daily from 8am-5pm starting Saturday, May 9.
- To make a tee time, call 410-641-6057 ext. 2. If the phone is not answered, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- No online reservations are being taken at this time.
Golf Shop/Retail Operations
- Golfers should check in at the bag drop area no more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tee time. The Golf Shop and clubhouse are currently closed.
- Only credit card payments, made at the time of your reservation, will be accepted. Cash will not be accepted.
- Per Worcester County liquor laws, outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on golf course property.
- Bunker rakes have been removed.
- No trash on the course will be collected by golf staff. Players must remove their own trash.
- Flags should not be touched for any reason.
- On-course restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily. Guests should use these facilities at their own risk.
- Restroom usage is limited to one person at a time.
Guidelines For Play
- No more than four players will be allowed per group.
- Players may either walk or ride alone in golf carts, which will be sanitized after each use.
- Two people may ride in a golf cart if they reside in the same household.
As the scope of this outbreak is unprecedented during our time, it is impossible to predict if further modifications will need to be made. We will continue to keep the golfing public aware of any changes via email communications, on Ocean Pines Golf Club's Facebook and Twitter pages, and at OceanPinesGolf.org.
We are excited to welcome you back to our Robert Trent Jones, Sr.-designed course, and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patronage. See you on the links!